- Singles play
- Doubles can be played between the same household/extended households (one other household)
- Modified Doubles between people from separate households can be played. In order for Badminton Wales to bring Doubles play back for all, modifications must be implemented to ensure that the time period spent under 2 metres is minimal. Badminton is not a contact sport but there are instances where players do come into contact, all be it for a very short period of time during play.
Rules when playing modified doubles Badminton:
In order for Badminton Wales to bring Doubles play back, modifications must be implemented to ensure that the time period spent under 2 metres is minimal. Badminton is not a contact sport but there are instances where players do come into contact all be it for a very short period of time during play.
The modifications include: -
- Players break for 1 minutes every 10 points played
- Move to their own designated space to towel down before resuming play to ensure that close contact time in a match is reduced
- 1-minute break after 20 point | 30 points until the match is won
- At 20-20 there is a sudden death rather than the 2 clear points again reducing the time
- Partnerships would remain for the same for the entire session
- Maximum match length – 15 mins with a minimum of 15-minute break before resuming doubles match play
The same doubles pair shall play together during the session. In case one of the players show signs of COVID-19 symptoms, immediate and necessary Venue Operator guidelines should be followed.
An immediate direct communication shall be established to the rest of the training group at the venue
For further information on Badminton Wales Guidance please visit - https://www.badminton.wales/covid-19-faq
- 10-minutes between bookings is provided to ensure a changeover period for customers - please arrive on time and finish at the booking end time. Sessions are 50 minutes long.
- No spectators are allowed in the activity area – players only (parents may supervise their children if applicable. A designated seating area will be available).
- There will be no changing facilities available. Please ensure you arrive prepared to play.
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times within the Centre apart from when you are taking part in sport or exercise.
- Please maintain 2m social distancing (where possible) throughout the Centre.
- Please follow entrance and exit signage at Reception.
- Please leave the Centre promptly after your booking.
Health, Safety & Hygiene
- No-one should leave home to participate in Badminton if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of: - A high temperature - A new, continuous cough - A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste.
- There is hand sanitizer available throughout the centre. Please use before, during and after your visit to the Centre.
- Cleaning spray and paper towels are provided. Please wipe down touch surfaces after play (e.g. any equipment touched i.e. net posts, chairs, personal equipment).
- Any bags must be stored carefully at the side of the court you are playing on.
- Badminton coaches must follow Badminton Wales guidance for coaching activity all times.
First Aid & Emergencies
- If you require first aid or staff assistance, please see Reception, or call us on 0300 300 3123.