The Be Active Wales Fund offers grants from £300 to £50,000 to sports clubs and community organisations to support projects that promote equality, sustainability and innovation in sport.
Be Active Wales Fund
What is the Be Active Wales Fund?
The Be Active Wales Fund is a grant, funded by the National Lottery, that supports sports clubs and community organisations across Wales to improve access to physical activity. It offers grants from £300 to £50,000 to support projects that promote equality, sustainability and innovation in sport.
The Best Part…
All not-for-profit sport clubs or organisations in Wales can apply, regardless of their size or location, given your club has all the right funding conditions and requirements.
WHAT WILL WE SUPPORT?
The Be Active Wales Fund will support:
- purchasing equipment that allows more people to participate in sport
- upskilling volunteers in areas where your club lacks expertise or experience
- development of innovative projects that promote physical activity in new or different ways
- clubs utilising technology to engage more people in physical activity
- outreach aimed at people who are currently under-represented in sport and physical activity
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for the Be Active Wales Fund, your organisation must:
- be a not-for-profit sports club or community organisation
- take place in Wales and be primarily for Welsh residents
- be funding projects or activities that have not yet started
- use the funds for the community as a whole, not just for the benefit of a specific school
- meet requirements of the Expression of Interest form
- promote equality, sustainability, and innovation in sport projects
- demonstrate how the project will increase access to physical activity
Be Active Wales - Projects
How to Apply?
You can apply with us online. Please fill out our Expression of Interest Form and we will get back to you within 2 working days with further information on making an application.
Before you apply, we suggest you contact at least one of these groups for guidance in your application:
- your national governing body if you have one
- your local authority sports development department
- any other relevant support organisations
Please be advised that applications may be submitted in English or Welsh and any application submitted in Welsh will be treated no less favourably than an application submitted in English.
We highly recommend that those applying for funding with us read our terms and conditions for grants.
If you already have an application pending with us, you can still log into our application portal.
How is funding awarded?
The minimum award is £300 and the maximum award is £50,000*.
Funding is awarded on a sliding scale:
- 100% grant up to £10,000
- 90% grant for awards between £10,001 and £25,000
- 80% grant for awards between £25,001 and £50,000
* You will need to make a contribution of 10% for grants over £10k or 20% over £25k.
What happens after I apply?
We will review your Expression of Interest form and aim to make a decision within 2 working days.
You will be able to start to make positive changes straight away, thanks to The National Lottery’s support. We have put together a handy toolkit of guidelines and assets that your club can use on your social pages to recognise The National Lottery and the impact funding has had on your club.
Where can I get support?
We have a range of resources to support sport clubs and volunteers in Wales. Visit our resources page for advice to help run and grow your club effectively, which can be useful in your application.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can email us with any queries at BEACTIVE@SPORT.WALES, or phone the helpline on 0300 3003102, Monday to Friday, between 10:00-12:30 & 1:15-16:00.
If you are unable to reach one of our team, please stay on the line as our voice message service can also be helpful outside of our working hours.