I’m already running a fundraiser for my club. Am I eligible for funding?
Unfortunately, we are unable to fund retrospectively, and you will need to use the Crowdfunder website/portal to be supported. You will need to have:
- A set number of unique supporters*
- Raise money based on rewards and crowdfunding.
- *25 unique Supporters if your target is up to £5,000
- 50 unique Supporters if your target is between £5,001 and £10,000
- 75 unique Supporters if your target is between £10,001 and £15,000
- 100 unique Supporters if your target is over £15,000
What if I’m looking to improve sport facilities?
If you’re looking for ‘on-field’ improvements which can help improve participation in sport, such as floodlights, goalposts or cricket nets, then the Be Active Wales Fund may be the better funding option for you.
CAN I APPLY IF I’VE ALREADY RECEIVED FUNDING FROM THE BE ACTIVE WALES FUND?
Yes. These are separate funds. As the Be Active Wales Fund is for ‘on-field’ improvements and Crowdfunder is for ‘off-field’ improvements, you can apply to both funds.
You should note that while you can apply for both, your club can only have one application open at a time across these two funds.
My club is a limited company, are we eligible?
If you can prove your limited company is not-for-profit, then you could be eligible. As long as you meet the other elements in the criteria.
Any not-for-profit clubs, voluntary or community-based organisations that deliver or enable sport and/or physical activity in Wales will be eligible for A Place for Sport.