Beverley Lewis, CEO Welsh Triathlon
If change is the new constant, how can we equip ourselves and those around us to perform well in this environment?
This is the question we set out to explore throughout the series. Each session and section of the series set out to share ideas, stories, tools, and techniques that could be applied within our individual contexts. It was an opportunity to take time out of our daily tasks and meetings, connecting as a sector to wonder how we can be at our most resourceful.
The Learning Series was a new way of sharing and learning, the virtual environment created a chance to record live sessions, so they are available as a resource to share or to re-visit when we need. The offer was there to fully immerse in the programme, diarise a few sessions or protect time when the time was right for you.
Beverley Lewis, CEO of Welsh Triathlon
Beverley Lewis, shares her thoughts on the series:
What was your approach to the learning series and why did you decide to do this?
As an individual the Learning Series came a good time for me, when concentrating on self was important. It has been a tough year as CEO of Welsh Triathlon with professional challenges and general pressures of crisis management
I also want to encourage and support staff members to build their resilience, which I have found during Covid, and develop skills and understanding which I learnt later in life, and I am still learning! I’d like them to learn these skills now and be well versed in self-reflection, resilience, agile planning, inclusive behaviours and relationship building which will enhance both their personal life and employment skills.
So, I engaged with the programme and encourage staff to do the same.
What are your key takeaways?
- You never stop learning
- Many of these sessions improve your life not just your working environment
- Not everything is for everyone, or not for everyone now, in their current learning space
- Provide time to stop and think. There are ways for everyone to embrace reflection even if you are an active solution focussed person like me
- Bring others with you to help support your journey and create the right culture around you
- Try new things – they may or may not work but they keep environments fresh and you can be very surprised by what works
- Some of our activities have refreshed the team in ways I had not imagined.