What we want to achieve
Within our strategy, we have outlined six levels of strategic intent that will shape the way Sport Wales works in the future:
1. TO BE PERSON CENTRED: The needs and motivations of the individual lead the delivery, whether just starting out, aiming to progress or striving for excellence on the world stage.
2. TO GIVE EVERY YOUNG PERSON A GREAT START: Every young person has the skills, confidence and motivation to enable them to enjoy and progress through sport; giving them foundations to lead an active, healthy and enriched life.
3. TO ENSURE EVERYONE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE ACTIVE THROUGH SPORT: Sport is inclusive and provides a great experience for all.
4. TO BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER FOR THE LONG-TERM: There is a collaborative, sustainable and successful sports sector, led by collective insight and learning.
5. TO SHOWCASE THE BENEFITS OF SPORT: The impact of sport is evidenced, and sport’s reach is fully understood, valued, showcased and celebrated throughout Wales.
6. TO BE A HIGHLY VALUED ORGANISATION: Sport Wales is a respected organisation, striving to over achieve by delivering a first class service through our valued staff.