The First Minister has announced a firebreak lockdown to take place between Friday 23rd October (from 6pm) and Monday 9th November.
The rules for sport and exercise
- You should exercise locally
Exercise should be undertaken locally – from home or as close as possible to the home. In general this should not involve people driving to a location away from home for this purpose.
- Pause on organised sport and facilities
All organised sport and facilities will be paused during the Welsh circuit breaker, including golf and tennis clubs.
- No limits to frequency or length of exercise
You can leave home as often as you like to exercise as long as you do so from home and alone or with members of your household (and/or a carer).
You can find more information on the Welsh Government's firebreak FAQs.
Sources of support
- Ask your governing body if you are unsure about what you can and can’t do.
- See our current grants.
- See latest Covid information for sport in Wales.
We’ll provide ADDITIONAL FUNDING in the coming weeks, sign up to our mailing list to receive the latest updates.