A Youth Representative is a crucial role for any club. It means that the Club Committee gain genuine feedback from a young perspective and from its junior members. A Youth Representative also encourages junior members to become young leaders in the club; training and giving them responsibilities to assist in coaching and club events.
What you’ll get out of it
- Valuable experience for your CV and further education applications
- The community volunteering can help towards achieving your Welsh Baccalaureate or Sports Leaders Awards
- Volunteer hours to put towards achieving your Millennium Volunteer Sport Award
- References – committee members will be in a position to write you a reference for a job or a further education application
- Improved confidence and experience in public speaking, planning and delegating
- Sense of self achievement, fulfilment and giving back
- Meeting lots of people from different backgrounds
- A chance to develop other skills
Who will I be responsible to?
- The Club Committee
Who will I be responsible for?
- Young Leaders
- And as the young person’s voice on the committee, you will have a responsibility for all junior members
Ideally, you’ll need to be
- Confident and approachable
- Enthusiastic with a good knowledge of the club’s activities
- A strong communicator
- Well organised with great planning skills
- A good listener, with the ability to gain feedback to then share at committee level
- A holder of a Sports Leader Level 1 Award and/or be a current Young Ambassador in your school and local community
What you will do
- Listen to young people, gaining feedback to help improve their experience at the club
- Attend Committee meetings, contributing from a young person’s perspective
- Champion the importance of developing young leaders within the club
- Encourage young people to become young leaders
- Mentor young leaders providing coach assistant training opportunities
- Co-ordinate young leaders to assist in club activities and events
- Support the collection of young leader voluntary hours so they can achieve the Millennium Volunteer Sport Award.
How much time will it take?
- It can vary from club to club but ongoing weekly responsibilities should amount to around 1 hour to 1.5 hours. It’s always a good idea to inform the Committee in advance if you have busy exam/revision times.
For further information, contact:
(Insert contact details here of Chairperson or Secretary)