If your club is looking to grow its membership, it’s important to take a step back and think about your potential customers. You can do this by:
- Working out what type of person your club would appeal to. Take a look at your club vision which should be clear about what type of club you are and what you offer both on and off the field
- Looking at your competitors. Once you have an understanding of what type of club they are and what they offer, identify what makes you different and more attractive to potential members
If you want to go a step further, there are tools which can help you understand your current and potential members and find out what motivates them to play sport:
- The School Sport Survey provides an insight into the sports participation and wellbeing of young people across Wales
- The Active Adults Survey provides an insight into adult sports participation.
- The People Segmentation tool will help you understand your current and potential members and allow you to build effective strategies to recruit and retain them.
And don’t forget, delivering a quality and enjoyable experience to your members week in, week out is the best way to attract new customers! Just encourage them to spread the word…
Activity Alliance have developed a downloadable Inclusive Communications Guide to help sport providers like yourselves to reach a wider audience, including more disabled people.