Skip to main content

Taking Over a Building or Land

Thinking of taking over the running of a building or a piece of land with your sports club? If so, it would be well-worth grabbing a cup of tea and reading a handy toolkit that has been put together by Fields in Trust.

Still interested after reading it? Ok, then it’s time to get in touch with a chartered surveyor. Whether it’s a community swimming pool, a community hall, a clubhouse or a piece of land, you need to know what work needs to be done and how much it will cost before you make any decisions. Is the roof intact? Is there damp? Are there issues with the land? Is there subsidence?

Public liability insurance is also a top priority if you run your own building. We’ve written about insurance on this site, but always, always seek guidance from a professional.

Lastly, if you want information and support on making your premises greener and more efficient, take a look at Efficiency Wales