When planning International travel, it is vital that the current guidance for returning to Wales from overseas is adhered to.
The requirements to travel for all travellers are;
- You must complete a Passenger Locator Form before you arrive in the UK.
- You must have a pre-departure test certificate which shows a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before departure – see guidance here. Children under the age of 11 do not need a test.
- You must have pre-booked your post-arrival tests to be taken at Day 2 and Day 8 during your 10 day isolation period – see guidance here. Children under the age of 5 do not need a test.
The test packages are £210 and can be booked through the CFM Portal.*
For Elite sport in Wales the advice is as follows:
An initial phone call with the Sport Medicine team on their return to exclude any significant potential COVID-19 exposure when away with the sport (i.e. ensure tight protocols have been adhered to when away with the sport).
Regardless of any elite sport exemption, any individuals returning from any overseas country must not attend an WIS shared site for a minimum of 5 days on their arrival back in the UK. It is strongly recommended that NGB’s follow the same guidance for their controlled sites. Any enquiries for this should be directed to the relevant CMO and site COVID-19 Officers.
Following the submission of a negative Lateral flow test test the athlete may return to Elite training facilities and competition. A positive lateral flow test will require a subsequent PCR test.
Complete symptom questionnaire via PDMS every day up until day 14. This should be monitored daily by the COVID Warden for the sport and any concern reported to the COVID Medical Officer.
The process is summarised below:
- Day 0 - Day of arrival into Wales/UK (regardless of time of arrival)
- Day 2 - Govt mandated test
- Day 5 - Submission of negative PCR/LFT to return to elite training facilities/comps (HOME COUNTRY INSTITUTE MANDATED )
- Day 8 - Govt mandated test