Sport Wales is a producer of Official Statistics, responsible for collecting, compiling, processing, analysing, interpreting and disseminating statistics in line with the principles set out in the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
Summer 2022: National Survey for Wales 2021-22 (Telephone) - Annual Headline Results (data available from the Welsh Government).
Summer/Autumn 2022: NSW 2021-22 (Sport and active lifestyles) - State of the Nation 2021-22
Autumn 2022: School Sport Survey 2022 -State of the Nation & Headline Results
The National Survey for Wales
The National Survey for Wales is a study of over 10,000 adults across Wales.
From 2016-17 onwards, the National Survey replaces the 2012-15 National Survey, the Welsh Health Survey, Active Adults Survey, Arts in Wales Survey, and Welsh Outdoor Recreation Survey, as agreed by Cabinet in 2014.
- Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: State of the Nation Report 2018-19
- Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: State of the Nation Report 2017-18
- Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: State of the Nation Report 2016-17
- Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: Date tables 2016-17
- FE Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: State of the Nation Report 2018
- FE Sport & Active Lifestyles Survey: Data Tables 2018
- Further Education Sport Survey: State of the Nation report 2015
- Further Education Sport Survey: national data tables
School Sport Survey
Table 4 of the School Sport Survey 2015 National Tables previously showed incorrect data for the Vale of Glamorgan and Torfaen. Figures were shown in reverse for these two rows.
These figures were corrected at 10.30am on 7th December. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The latest population estimates for Wales can be found on the StatsWales website.
Free Swimming data
The Local Government Data Unit collate information on participation in the Free Swimming initiative, on behalf of Sport Wales. Participation figures are published regularly on http://www.freeswimmingwales.net/IAS/eng, the Data Unit's information portal.