How we will obtain the personal information
What purposes we will use the personal information for
We use your information for the following things:
- To help your performance, and assess how it’s going
- To help treat any medical issues
- To help Sport Wales monitor and evaluate its own practice
- To help research better ways of working with athletes
For us to be able to support you, we need to share your information with different teams within Sport Wales and with outside organisations.
Some examples are:
- Sending your medical information to a sport doctor at a hospital
- Sharing your training notes with your coach and sport’s governing body
- Sharing your information across one support team to another within Sport Wales.
When we share your personal information, we make sure we do it safely, and any person who receives it has a duty to protect it.
People working for Sport Wales who may see your personal information include:
- Sports Doctors
- Clinical Psychologists
- Exercise Physiologists
- Performance Advisors
- Performance Nutritionists
- Performance Lifestyle practitioners
- Sports Psychologists
- Skill Acquisition practitioners
- Strength and Conditioning practitioners
- Massage Therapists
- Sport Wales staff responsible for entering or updating your records.
We may also need to share your information with people who work outside Sports Wales, including
- Your national sport governing body’s Performance Director
- Your Coach
- Your Manager
- Medical staff and doctors in other organisations
- High Performance Managers
- Institute Network Managers
- Other Welsh governing bodies.
- Any bodies that may have funded you
- Team GB or UK sport bodies
Every athlete is different, so we might not share your information with everyone listed here, and sometimes we may need to share your information with other people not listed here.
The legal bases for processing we rely upon
Sport Wales collects the information here as part of entering into a contract to support you. We ask for your consent to allow us to collect, use and share special category information.
How long we retain the personal information and why
Sport Wales will keep your information all the time you are working with us, and then for a period of time based on the type of information it is and the requirements of our Practitioner’s governing bodies. Normally, this will be five years. We won’t keep information for longer than is necessary.
You can tell us to stop using or sharing your personal information at any time, but this may prevent us from providing you a service. Please contact email@example.com if you want advice on this, or to ask us to stop using your information.