The Insurance market has changed dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic and all should be aware of the likelihood of potentially substantial costs associated with travel. Ensure appropriate travel insurance is in place to cover all eventualities relating to COVID-19 including:
- Insurance against cancellation of trip due to COVID restrictions.
- Insurance against athlete/staff member becoming unwell in the foreign country and therefore requiring:
- medical support in destination.
- repatriation to UK from destination - either when well enough or medical repatriation.
- costs of accommodation/further flights if needing to isolate abroad and associated cost if a member of the team is required to stay with the athlete.
- For athletes that are GB funded, be sure to check whether your sport is already covered under any pre-existing policies that may provide cover for COVID-19.