On 5th October in Llandrindod Wells, three organisations shared their experiences of using Cymraeg in their work within sport while the Welsh Language Commissioner showed us the quick wins you can implement to make our communications more inclusive of Welsh speakers.
Campaigns and Cymraeg
Golley Slater - Ianto Phillips
- History of the Welsh language
- How to brief an interpreter
- Campaigns - the good, the bad and the ugly
- What to avoid
Using Cymraeg in sport communications
Welsh Language Commissioner – Awel Trefor.
- Why communicate in Cymraeg? – Statistics, demographics, engagement.
- Requirements for Sport Wales vs Best Practice for other organisations
- Website, social media and emails
- Top tips and tools
Encouraging and promoting the use of Cymraeg
Welsh Triathlon – Beverley Lewis
- Taking a bilingual approach to events
- Triathlon on S4C
- Normalising using basic Cymraeg in the office
Delivering sport through Cymraeg
Urdd – Gary Lewis and Jo Jones
- Partnerships with Local Authorities
- Chwarae’n Gymraeg
- Mistar Urdd at the Commonwealth Games