Data Visualisation Workshop
Discover novel patterns and create visually engaging communications from the seas of data that surround us
About this Event
How do you create effective, interesting and, above all, useful data-visualizations, charts and infographics? What principles and practices give the best results?
Author and data-designer, David McCandless of Information is Beautiful will share his creative *concept-driven* approach to visualisation for more impactful results which go ‘beyond the bar chart’.
This way of working can be used for many outputs: presentations, interactives, data-stories, apps, marketing materials etc.
This fun 4 hour seminar (10am-12pm & 1-3pm) is a mix of lecture & hands-on exercises with plenty of interaction & discussion.
- Translating written reports, research & messaging into visual graphics
- Understanding data journalism and story-telling with data
- Words and ideas people looking to translate concepts into design language
- Visual / design thinkers wanting to expand approaches to include data
- Data / code practitioners looking to improve aesthetics & conceptual prowess
About the Deliverer
David McCandless is a London-based author, data-journalist and information designer, working across print, advertising, TV and web. His blog and best-selling books Information Is Beautiful (2009) and Knowledge is Beautiful (2014) are dedicated to visualising ideas, issues, knowledge and data - and to discovering novel patterns and stories in the seas of data swamping and surrounding us.
www.informationisbeautiful.net | @infobeautiful