Assistant Operations Manager
To work under the general direction of the Duty Manager as part of a team responsible for the efficient, effective and safe provision of a broad range of high-quality services offered within the operations of the Sport Wales National Centre and Sport Wales’ Headquarters.
This role may require you to undertake Duty Manager cover shifts.
- Prepare all internal and external Centre areas to suit the centre’s scheduled activities and operational requirements
- Uphold Centre regulations and maintain general supervision of Centre users in all internal and external areas – Including regular monitoring patrols of toilet areas, changing rooms, corridors, activity halls/areas, all other public/reception areas, function rooms/office areas and any other areas as required
- Provide users with information about Centre services, activities and programmes
- Undertake regular cleaning programmes in the cardiovascular and free weights gyms, as specified in the routine work programmes for these areas. To undertake cleaning to changing rooms, meeting rooms following use, operations storerooms and any remedial cleaning tasks internally and externally as required to protect the health and safety of Centre users/staff
- Undertake car park security duties.
- Undertake other immediate duties related to customer service and health and safety such as dealing with fire alarm sensors, call points, equipment failure when Maintenance Technicians are not on duty.
- Assist all other sections and Sport Wales departments to ensure a high quality of service is maintained in the most effective and efficient manner, including the Centre’s housekeeping and catering teams.
- Receive, store and control equipment and supplies.
- Undertake training to ensure competency is maintained in all activities and procedures appropriate to the post.
- Assist in training new employees, including casual staff.
- Carry out routine checks of the Centre and equipment and undertake cleaning and minor repairs as necessary.
- Load/unload equipment arriving at or leaving the Centre.
- Wear the appropriate uniform and comply with any customer service initiatives, e.g. dealing with customer comments and queries, customer complaints procedures, etc.
- Undertake gym inductions for new members and correct poor practice by gym users if observed.
Health and Safety
- Respond to any emergency situations and record all accidents/incidents as required.
- Assist in the evacuation procedures for the Centre.
- Acquire and maintain a First Aid at Work certificate and exercise these skills as appropriate.
- Fulfil responsibilities which contribute to delivering an exemplary service for Sport Wales in respect of our statutory duties, including Well-being of Future Generations (Wales), Equality, Information Security, Risk Management, Safeguarding, Financial Regulation and Health, Safety & Environment.
- Work flexibly, performing any other duties as required, where relevant to the post and appropriate to the grade.
Our approach to enabling sport in Wales to thrive is evolving. We are committed to continually challenging ourselves to:
Learn Together – Constantly exploring, testing and reviewing
Deliver Together – Sharing outcomes, nurturing open and honest relationships, providing robust feedback, constantly improving performance
Celebrate Together – Recognising our shared successes through effective partners
Acting with Integrity – Understanding and Respecting each other’s culture and values. Promoting equality and diversity
Adding Value – Ensuring the optimum mix of support, challenge, investment, skills, and expertise to achieve our shared outcomes.
Encouraging Innovation – Welcoming new ideas and approaches and supporting ambition and fresh thinking. Not being afraid to feel uncomfortable.
|Area of focus||Essential Requirements||Desirable Requirements|
Current First Aid at work qualification (or ability to obtain within 3 months).
Level 2 Fitness Instructors Qualification (or ability to obtain within 12 months).
BTEC sports related qualification or equivalent.
5 GCSE’s or equivalent.
|Previous experience of working in a sports or leisure facility.|
|Skills, Aptitudes & Abilities|
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, written and spoken.
Able to handle confidential data and information sensitively.
Able to work without day-to-day direction and effectively plan, schedule and prioritise tasks.
Customer care skills.
Ability to work as part of a team or alone
Ability to communicate in Welsh, both written and spoken.
Able to work a rotational shift pattern which involves irregular and unsocial hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank, public and other nominated holidays. Work patterns will require reasonable flexibility in accordance with the needs of the Centre.