Full Job Description
Senior Investments Officer
As part of Sport Wales’s new strategy, our approach to investments is changing. The way Sport Wales’s investments are allocated need to be as part of a proactive sports development tool. In this role you will have an early responsibility for instigating that change.
As well as providing support, assistance and guidance to Partners, (especially applicants, Local Authorities and National Governing Bodies of Sport and the Sport System and Sport Development Teams) on all investment related matters, you will monitor the investments that are made, identifying and understanding the gaps in those investments.
This role will have an important function in recognizing where a targeted approach to our investments can be aligned to ensure better representation of Welsh communities against the Sport Wales strategic intents. This will mean working closely with others within the investments team, and where required with the insight team, to develop an overview of where our investment applications are coming from and where there is need for better engagement.
Support will be provided for the role and so an applicant’s approach to behaviours and skills will be the most critical element of the recruitment process.
- To administer grant funding to applicants for local Lottery schemes (currently the Be Active Wales Fund), our capital investment streams, and any other funding streams that are deemed appropriate (partner applications such as Collaboration, Equality projects etc.), from receipt of application through to closure of investments such as investment conditions, compliance and payments (including assessment and recommendations, covering all aspects of the investment process at an appropriate financial level, with the exception on award of grant).
- First line support and assistance to partners (especially applicants, Local Authorities, National Governing Bodies of Sport and the Sport System and Sport Development Teams) on using the Online Investments Management System (OIMS)
- To provide guidance to applicant on investment related matters
- To update databases and maintain records to ensure the integrity of our investment data
- To extract key data from the Online Investments Management System to produce investment reports for partners and Sport Wales colleagues alike
- To periodically review and evaluate the Investments Team’s processes and procedures and update the relevant process desk notes for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- To identify trends in applications, highlighting where more proactive work can be done to encourage increased investments in areas integral to delivering against Sport Wales’s strategic intents. This may be recognizing the variation in applications from different partners, clubs and communities from a geographical, gender, ethnicity or sporting pursuit perspective.
- Working across the investments and insight teams to highlight the investment gaps to help shape a broader investment portfolio for the organization.
- Fulfil responsibilities which contribute to delivering an exemplary service for Sport Wales in respect of our statutory duties, including Well-being of Future Generations (Wales), Equality, Information Security, Risk Management, Safeguarding, Financial Regulation and Health, Safety & Environment.
- Work flexibly, performing any other duties as required, where relevant to the post and appropriate to the grade.
Our approach to enabling sport in Wales to thrive is evolving. We are committed to continually challenging ourselves to:
Learn Together - Constantly exploring, testing and reviewing
Deliver Together - Sharing outcomes, nurturing open and honest relationships, providing robust feedback, constantly improving performance
Celebrate Together - Recognising our shared successes through effective partners
Acting with Integrity - Understanding and Respecting each other’s culture and values. Promoting equality and diversity
Adding Value - Ensuring the optimum mix of support, challenge, investment, skills, and expertise to achieve our shared outcomes.
Encouraging Innovation - Welcoming new ideas and approaches and supporting ambition and fresh thinking. Not being afraid to feel uncomfortable.