Catering Operations Supervisor
As a member of the Catering and Housekeeping Team, you will contribute to the provision of a quality service to meet standards in line with agreed procedures. You will provide a warm welcome to all customers and visitors, so that the reputation of Sport Wales National Centre’s Catering and Housekeeping function is maintained and enhanced.
- To perform duties in either the ground floor coffee area, or the main Café on the second floor.
- Promote a welcoming environment with a high level of Customer Care, focusing on delivering a first-class customer experience.
- Undertake all food delivery, storage, preparation, and kitchen operation tasks as trained, so that high standards to Food Safety and Health and Safety legislation is achieved.
- Ensure wherever food is served, or retail items are sold (including Vending), that it is delivered and presented to a high standard and kept in a clean and tidy manner in accordance with Food Safety legislation.
- Ensure all retail areas are kept clean, tidy, full, and free from debris.
- Undertake all cleaning duties as trained, and in accordance with Sport Wales Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
- To carry out food waste, recycling tasks and the safe disposal of catering waste, as trained
- To handle cash in a safe and controlled manner, as trained.
- To carry out housekeeping duties as required.
- To help maintain a tidy and hygienic environment in all areas of the Centre (internal and external).
- Work patterns will require reasonable flexibility in accordance with the needs of the Centre.
- Fulfil responsibilities which contribute to delivering an exemplary service for Sport Wales in respect of our statutory duties, including Well-being of Future Generations (Wales), Equality, Information Security, Risk Management, Safeguarding, Financial Regulation and Health, Safety & Environment.
- Work flexibly, performing any other duties as required, where relevant to the post and appropriate to the grade.
Our approach to enabling sport in Wales to thrive is evolving. We are committed to continually challenging ourselves to:
Learn Together - Constantly exploring, testing and reviewing
Deliver Together - Sharing outcomes, nurturing open and honest relationships, providing robust feedback, constantly improving performance
Celebrate Together - Recognising our shared successes through effective partners
Acting with Integrity - Understanding and Respecting each other’s culture and values. Promoting equality and diversity
Adding Value - Ensuring the optimum mix of support, challenge, investment, skills, and expertise to achieve our shared outcomes.
Encouraging Innovation - Welcoming new ideas and approaches and supporting ambition and fresh thinking. Not being afraid to feel uncomfortable.
|Area of focus||Essential Requirements||Desirable Requirements|
|Basic numeracy and Literacy skills||Welsh Language skills|
|Experience of working in a similar catering environment|
|Skills, Aptitudes & Abilities|
Good customer service skills
Ability to use own initiative
Friendly and polite manner